High School Graduation Gifts For Students Attending College In Tucson
High School Graduation Gifts That Will Actually Be Used at College
You can’t go wrong with cash for high school graduation gifts Students Attending College in Tucson. But if you want to give a memorable gift, here are things that college kids attending the UofA or Pima Community College can really use.
1. Gift Cards
A close runner-up to cash, all gift cards are not created equal. The following is a list of practical gift cards that could come in handy for your students attending college in Tucson:
• Coffee shop gift cards are popular. Even kids who dislike coffee will hang out there on occasion, and a gift card will be handy.
• Gasoline cards will always be used. Even a student without a car can help pay for fill-ups for shopping trips and carpooling with other students.
• Bed and bath store cards and big-box store cards are useful. The grad can furnish their dorm room, buy personal items, and stock up on coffee and snacks.
• Certificates for nail salons, grocery stores or fast food restaurants that are close to the college are always welcome.
• Avoid cards to swanky restaurants. For mid-range franchise restaurants, give enough for the student to bring a friend or date.
• Cards to on-line stores are terrific for buying books and entertainment.
• And finally, Visa or American Express prepaid cards can be used virtually anywhere. They do have service fees for that convenience.
2. Dorm Room Furnishings
Certain big-ticket items can make dorm life more comfortable students attending college in Tucson.
• A comfortable desk chair can last the grad for four years and beyond. Find a model that can be kept in a box and assembled on site. (Verify that the dorm does not already have nice swivel chairs.)
• A small refrigerator or a microwave oven will be used daily. Check with the parents to avoid duplicates. But if they already have one…
• A rolling cart that holds the refrigerator and has a few mesh shelves to hold snacks and plates and napkins is a sensational gift.
• A flat screen TV is practical because it will save precious space. Check to be sure the dorm room can accommodate this.
• If the dorm room beds can be lofted, get a futon for under the loft. Sometimes local companies will construct the wooden futon in the room on opening day; they will know the correct dimensions for your dorm. Add bedding if you can afford it.
Of course, if your student resides in off campus student housing in Tucson may, you find furnishings superfluous due to the facility being fully-furnished like the apartments found at Sahara Apartments,
Portable cell phone chargers are extremely practical for busy college students. People like to choose their own phones, computers and tablets but they will always need chargers for them.
• Compact docking stations and wireless speaker sets make great gifts as well. Digital photo frames are a space-saving way to keep favorite photos on display.
• A new Xbox or PlayStation could ba e welcome addition to their residence.
If in today’s mostly digital age, college students still like the feel of paper and pen, if only for the novelty factor.
• Beautiful pens, especially from special relatives, are meaningful and will be enjoyed. Go for excellent writing quality; include refills, too.
• Permanent markers in multiple colors are fun for making posters and marking possessions.
• High-quality journals and hard-cover notebooks will be cherished by artists, poets, and note-takers. Make it meaningful; go for a recognized brand name.
• Envelopes and postage stamps are practical and fun. College kids love to receive mail; help them send letters to friends in other schools.
Avoiding cheesy gifts that are mass-marketed as dorm essentials for your students attending college in Tucson will put you ahead of the game. Don’t be afraid to consult someone who can keep a secret so you can delight your graduate with the perfect graduation gift.